MyBrand Marketing: This Ain’t Your Older Brother’s Career..
Digital marketing dominates media and entertainment marketing by a wide margin today as YouTube alone reaches more daily users than any of the prevailing cable networks – giving the individual more power and captive audience as never before and it’s time to take advantage of it.
The day of the gatekeeper keeping you away from the audience is no longer an excuse or a barrier to entry as you literally do not need a dime to begin getting your brand out to the masses. Marketing your personal brand looks completely different than it did even 12-15 years ago and it’s extremely important and prudent to adapt your strategy to the many digital marketing strategies and techniques available.
Potential consumers and purchasers of your content, services and products is no longer dependent on traditional means of the good old days of advertising and agency chasing of way back in the 2000’s when TV shows and films focused on cable and network commercials, for example, and newspapers?
Well, even they’re still around – they’re right out and thinking outside the box is now the normal – not just for the rebels. For example: One out of four marketers are already using video in email campaigns. 43% of marketers cite lack of available video content as their reason for not using video in email campaigns, making it the top barrier to the practice. (Via eMarketer)
Visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not. (Internet Retailer)
Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video. (Source: Internet Retailer
Live internet video accounted for 13 percent of the total video traffic in 2018, 24 percent in 2019 and looking like over 35 percent in 2020 – perhaps boosted by Covid – maybe not. (via Forbes).
Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors and blog posts incorporating video attract 3x as many inbound links as blog posts without video, with over half of video content is viewed on mobile.
- 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others.
- 90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device.
- Periscope users have created more than 200 million broadcasts.
- 10 million videos are watched on Snapchat per day. What?
Bought a house lately? Follow the house hunters –
The National Association of Realtors reports that 90% of home buyers use the internet to source information on properties. 85% of buyers deem photos “very useful” to their decision making process. Photos are being trumped by video, and turning photos into quality real estate videos has never been easier.
73% of homeowners say they’re more likely to list with a realtor who offers to create a video for them, but only 4% of agents put their listings on YouTube and video is fast becoming one of the most important marketing tools in a real estate agent’s arsenal. Here are some video statistics to get your mind buzzing.
- 87% of online marketers use video content
- 46% of users take some sort of action after viewing an ad, according to Online publishers association.
- According to Forbes, 59% of executives would rather watch video than read text.
- Enjoyment of video ads increase purchase intent by 97% and brand association by 139% according to Unruly.
- According to Forrester Research it is 50x easier to achieve a page 1 ranking on Google with a video.
- According to Implix, an introductory email that includes a video receives an increase click-through rate by 96%.
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text. (Sources: 3M Corporation and Zabisco)
Visual content drives engagement. In fact, just one month after the introduction of Facebook timeline for brands, visual content — photos and videos — saw a 65% increase in engagement. (Source: Simply Measured)
Blog posts incorporating video attract three times as many inbound links as blog posts without video. (Source: SEOmoz)
Online video now accounts for 50 percent of all mobile traffic and up to 69 percent of traffic on certain networks. (Bytemobile Mobile Analytics Report)
The most popular use for mobile action codes, such as QR and bar codes, is linking to mobile video: 40% of codes link to video content, including product demos and the like. (MediaPost)
Mobile and tablet shoppers are three times as likely to view a video as laptop or desktop users.
More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month, spending more than 4 billion hours watching videos
According to Retail Touchpoints, the Step2 Company found that shoppers who viewed video were 174% more likely to purchase than viewers who did not. (Retail Touchpoints Channel Innovation Awards)
Mist Media Reports
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video.
- Video and e-mail marketing can increase click-through rates by more than 90%.
- Having video on the landing page of your site makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of Google.
- And if you’re dying to show up on the front page of Google search results (and who isn’t?), having video on your landing page can make it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of those results.
- 52 percent of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in online purchase decisions.
- 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others.
Orion 21 Reports
- Landing pages with video have up to 800% more conversion than the same page without a video. So if you’re spending a lot of time finessing that web copy, you may have better luck with a video.
- Videos are shared 1200% more times than links and text combined. In our age of sharing (apartments, cars, cat photos, the list goes on!), your reach can be even wider, if you’re creating content that your users want to share.
- 59% of senior executives prefer video over text.
- Video equals higher viewer retention. The information retained in one minute of online video is equal to about 1.8 million written words.
Marketing Sherpa Reports
- Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors, doubles their time spent on the site and has a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines.
- Viewers spend 100% more time on pages with videos on them.
- How does video marketing impact your traffic? Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors and doubles their time spent on the site. On top of all of that, you see a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines by including more video on your site
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text
- 90% of users say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision process
- 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online. The 25-34 age group watches the most online videos, and adult males spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than females.
- Retail site visitors who view video stay two minutes longer on average and are 64% more likely to purchase than other site visitors.
SO: Even if you’re working on creating an audio podcast, make sure you’re using video on social media to keep your audience interested and if audio is your predominant format, you want to keep your content on social media and even your website diverse.
Fun Video Marketing Facts:
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
- Internet video traffic made up 69% of all global consumer Internet traffic in 2017.
- By 2021, internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic.
In conclusion – get your camera rolling. Now.